The best news is, you can put these gorgeous cards to use in many different ways.
Not only are these cards highly durable, but the beautiful graphics that are printed on them will remain eye-catching. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- One of the most underrated features of plastic is the ease with which it can be recycled.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- When made and handled the right way, plastic cards can be a very eco-friendly option for your business.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For more information on custom plastic cards or to find out about our competitive pricing, fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are the same and making sure you find the right one for your specific job required careful Assessment of your printing needs.
Call on us for help to get you the plastic card printer you need at the price that fits your budget! Here are some advantages to shopping with Plastic Card ID: Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals.
Choose from the best printer brands by using our easy-to-navigate website.
Read product reviews from real customers! Trust our experts for support at every step of the process. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Factors to Think about Before Purchasing an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and cost-effective type of printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer printers (also known as re-transfer) require the use of a ribbon and a transfer film for the best quality print that ensures a full bleed with no borders. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies which print in large batches will generally prefer bigger hopper sizes, print speeds that are faster, and high-yield ribbons which can be used in the printer.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards significantly increases the durability and cost of ID cards. This process is essential for cards swiped or otherwise handled regularly.
You can also use lamination with holograms for added security.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. A printer that has ethernet connection capability is highly recommended if a number of different computers need to be connected to it. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
An ID card printer can also be called a PVC card printer.
PVC (also known as polyvinyl chloride) is a name for plastic. Even though it usually makes people think of construction and plumbing, it’s a durable plastic that has a wide range of uses, including printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of ID card printing. This method uses a ribbon with panels of three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta) on the entire length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where needed, and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term that is commonly used to refer to color printing. For black-and-white printing, the term is known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
To print on a card back, you simply flip the card over manually.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a complete solution, is PC or Mac compatible, and includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of color ribbon and blank plastic cards, enough for 100 prints.
In addition, a card template library is available for free at www.badgy.com so you can personalize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print just one card at a time, or in groups of any size that you may need. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can print 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper. Both are located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite software, you’re able to control the printer from your computer by receiving notifications. It’s easy to install the Badgy print ribbons, and your computer automatically recognizes them.
SPACE EFFICIENT The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard letter sized sheet of paper, making it conveniently fit into any workspace.
- It weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- The Premier Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Your badges will be printed in full color by Badgy, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and is used just like a standard office printer.
- The compact, lightweight design fits perfectly in almost any office workspace.
- Evolis provides the Badgy200 solution to help you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic customization and instant card production, as individual cards or in small batches.
- Badgy200 fills all your needs for graphic personalization and fast card production, whether you need a single card or multiple cards in small batches.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
In addition to that, the LCD control panel makes it even easier to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 provides full-color, photographic quality prints covering the entire surface of a plastic card. The Badgy200 is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing just one card or 100 cards (or more), the cost to print is impressively low and easy on the budget.
Plus, you can save power in the money-saving hibernation mode.
The Evolis Badgy200 utilizes thermal transfer and dye sublimation to produce prints using 2 million colors, at 300 dpi.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print ID cards or badges with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges