In addition, plastic cards can be used lots of different ways.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. On top of their visual appeal, plastic cards can also be used to interact with machines.
Because they have so many uses, companies see benefits from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more information on custom plastic cards and learn more about our competitive pricing, just fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are equal, and ensuring you find the right printer for your needs necessitates a careful examination of the job ahead.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
Read transparent product reviews from customers just like you! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Count on industry experts, all the way through the purchase process.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to feel overwhelmed shopping for an ID card printer. Instead, focus on these five key factors to help narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers can be purchased in either single mode or dual-sided mode.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most commonly used and most cost-effective printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse-transfer printers cost more, but can print all the way up to the edge of the card and also feature higher image transfer and color quality. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes faster print speeds and that have high yield ribbons available.
Companies that print small batches can save money with handfed printers or printers that don’t have high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
There are some considerably less expensive methods of adding visual security, for instance using holographic card stock, watermarks, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a PC using a USB cable.
For Mac connections, make sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC – or polyvinyl chloride – may bring to mind plastic pipes, but it is also used to make durable and reliable ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers use many different methods to transfer a card design onto a plastic card. Some of the most common techniques used to print PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printing uses a ribbon with three panels in the primary colors of yellow, cyan, and magenta along its entire length and is a very popular method.
When the card is printing, a print head with a heating element passes over the ribbon, evaporates the ink, and transfers it onto the plastic card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
To print on a card back, you simply flip the card over manually.
You save $600, the cost difference between a single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
Also, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize templates of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and much more! PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and effortlessly.
Whether you need a single card or a whole batch of them, you can print them up just as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, add data for your card designs with a click of your mouse, or launch a print run with variable data instantly.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is as easy to install and use as a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is unbelievably small, so it’s easy to fit anywhere in the workplace considering it’s not even as large as a letter-sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own professional-quality custom badges whenever and wherever you want. It is truly the ideal solution for any business that needs to print plastic cards for any occasion.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and works like any office printer.
- It is small and lightweight, which means it will fit into almost any office workspace.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Whether you need one card once in a while or 100 cards per day, Badgy is optimized to suit your needs.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, includes the Badge Studio Plus software, the card template, and the printer drive
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description If you will only be printing a low volume of cards, You’ll find the Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System to be a very affordable solution This printer is ideal for both experienced and novice users!
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
Plus, you can save power in the money-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview: This type of printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to create prints jobs at 300 dpi and using 2 million color combinations.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print ID cards or badges with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges